Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Charlie Chan /American Movie Classics Puzzle To Solve?

Somehow I am guessing 1997? I watched the video and it was part of a "24 Hour Charlie Chan Festival".There was mentioned a documentary on "20TH Century Fox" to be shown on Sunday November 30, which seems to indicate 1997? The movies I have on video are "CC in Reno", "CC In Panama", "CC In Honolulu" and "CC In Treasure Island". I believe I have more, but this is what is on this tape. I am transferring it to DVD-R as I like to keep the old AMC promos. I sure miss the old "American Movie Classics"!

Re: Re: A Charlie Chan /American Movie Classics Puzzle To Solve?

Dear Sam,

I believe that your taped films come fom a Chan festival that was run in 1997. Two years later, AMC had another one. At the time, I had a very flexible schedule, as well as a very understanding boss, which allowed the opportunity to run home between some films to put in a new tape!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Re: A Charlie Chan /American Movie Classics Puzzle To Solve?

You had a great boss Rush, I was only able to tape a few. Even though Fox will be releasing them officially to DVD, I still plan to convert my tapes to DVD-R as they are still historical with the vintage AMC logos and promos as well as Bob Dorian and Nick Clooney intros.

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Charlie Chan /American Movie Classics Puzzle To Solve?

Sam,
Is there any chance of you getting these introductions into black and white?
I've gotten Opera and maybe one Toler this way from my copies.
Virginia