Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: NO WARNER CHAN FOR 2007!

I read about The Bowery Boys on a website called www.dvddrive-in.com There was mention on numerous Allied Artists Films being released on DVD by Warner and The Bowery Boys were mentioned as going to be released soon on DVD?

Re: The Saint, The Falcon and Philo Vance

Is it just me or is The Saint the cream of that crop. George Sanders brought a very real suave flair to Simon Templar that the others just did not rise to. Yes, Tom Conway came close as The Falcon, (with a close approximation of that continental air, I guess it runs in the family) but lacked the name. Again, maybe its just me, but the ST, Saint, Simon TEMPLAR was really "neat". The modern-day Robin Hood persona, perfect. I don't know why The Falcon was called The Falcon. His name was Lawrence wasn't it? As for Philo Vance. I liked him, but didn't love him. Like The Falcon, he seemed like a Saint copy to me, with even less of that sauve wa fare (I have no idea how to spell that)