Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Random thoughts on Vol 3

Absolutely! Thank you for asking. For the record, Mr. Feldstein is the SVP at Fox Home Video who decides what gets released. Mr. Belston is the gentleman who oversaw all the restorations of the film. He and his team are the ones who made them look so nice.

Mr. Steve Feldstein
Senior Vice President
Corporate & Marketing Communications
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
PO Box 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900

Mr. Schawn Belston
Vice President of Film Preservation and Asset Management
20th Century Fox Film Corporation
PO Box 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Random thoughts on Vol 3

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your analysis of Volume Three. Upon our return home from our short family trip I found my package from Amazon waiting for me. As soon as I have some time, I will take a look for myself. It sounds, though, that Fox came through with another good offering.

The inclusion of the recreation of the "lost" Chan film by John Cork makes sense of a couple of questions that he asked me during our interview session last spring. I don't know if these questions appeared on the final product, but, i understand his purpose behind them better now.

Thank you, again, Steve, for the information, very well presented as always.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Random thoughts on Vol 3

Here's a random thought. Tonight for the first time ever, I got to see Charlie Chan's Secret. I picked this movie because before the changeover, the old Charliechan.net gave this movie one of the very rare five panama hats. My only regret was that I did not write all of these ratings down before the website underwent it's overhaul yesterday, as it's no longer listed.

I can clearly see why this movie deserved such a rating. Holy crow was that one good! I have seen quite a few of these movies, and now with this box set, I will see all the Oland Chans that are known to exist. This is a great opportunity for me.

I'll chime in more later with stuff about the other movies. The only other one I saw was Black Camel and I quite liked it.