Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gu Meijun

OK, Gu Meijun did not play Detective Charlie Chan in those Chinese films. I managed to track down a photo on the internet...

The picture is at...

http://www.news365.com.cn/wxpd/tp/tpyy/200701/W020070117516796711959.JPG

That's from the main page...

http://big5.news365.com.cn:82/gate/big5/www.news365.com.cn/wxpd/tp/tpyy/200701/t20070117_1257490.htm

Re: Gu Meijun

So, the woman pictured at the top of the main page is apparently named Qin Yi. From what I can tell in the translated text, she is really an old movie maven of the Chinese Cinema. See the text below.

++++++++++++++++++

QIN Yi also introduces some of the easy identification photos

Guy's star : "Gulanjun, Gumeijun looks more like sisters, they co-starred in the" players "sensational on the beaches; Xu Culai and also a little bit longer ZHUANG

Like the need to look carefully; Look at the makeup somewhat like print, but print very few of stature, not so well-developed, so this is not Liwan RUAN Lingying Jade. "Two hours went by very quickly, QIN Yi has the majority of the" phase one "identified on the ground.

Steeped in the history of Chinese film

Lay down their reading glasses, QIN Yi is with emotion : "These photos really found very meaningful ah! From these photographs, you can see the traditional Chinese films How long. These Chinese film star, a pioneer from the 1920s and 1930s before the outbreak of the War of Resistance Against Japan, Chinese film in the forefront. I Child bought the peanuts on five cents to see a movie, then Shanghai is hundreds of cinemas. From these star-filled stills, as on the arts It can be seen that when China Film strong sense of innovation, the film style is very rich, very small businesses - star lineup very strong. I really
China hopes the film tradition of excellence must preserve and pass down, then repeat the brilliant spectacular! "

Re: Re: Gu Meijun

However...

徐莘园
Ziyuan Xu (or Xu Xin Park depending on the translation)

... played the role of 'decorated high father' in some other film of the time. This suggests that this individual is male and therefore the correct gender at least to play Charlie Chan.