Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Qiuxia Gong -- We will miss her!

Beloved Charlie Chan film actress Qiuxia Gong is dead at the age of 86

(as of a couple of years ago)

I'm sure you'll remember her wonderful performance in 'Charlie Chan Breaks the Conceal Down" and other memorable though perhaps non-existent films from China.

Here's the full story in hieroglyphics along with picture, but no specific mention of that Chan film...

http://www.shanghai-taiwan.org/gb/newscontent.asp?id=6418

A few poorly translated highlights include...

++++++++

Gongqiuxia three of the last century, the 1940s star of Singer stars, her voice guy thing, "Silver Melody" in the world. The "Golden Melody" is Week
Hsuan, she both listed in the "top 10 singers in Shanghai," the first two, and the first since the film since my singing, creating a culture of the Singer precedent. Gongqiuxia acting superior, On screen shape than many types of women, especially wives and mothers known to play. She has been involved in the making of more than 90 films, is a renowned achievements of the book

++++++++

In 1990, over 70 years Gongqiuxia, was invited to Singapore to participate in "Nostalgia Night" charity activities. Her platform Singing the song "burst" charms were arguably won warm applause from the audience.

In 1993, with the Hong Kong Film Gongqiuxia delegation to Shanghai to attend the Shanghai International Film Festival. She returned to the absence of more than 40 years of history, specifically searching for home Mengdeli to visit sister-in-law and other relatives HU Rong. She said emotionally : "Shanghai is my hometown, I was feeding the growth of place, and I will never forget ah!" .

In 2003, CCTV to shooting feature documentary "100 years of songs" and sent a reporter to visit Hong Kong to Gongqiuxia. At this time, when he
, 85-year-old star sitting in a wheelchair can greet guests. When a reporter asked her, "then you sing the" rose throughout "This song, now you remember
? "Gongqiuxia adding, replied :" I remember. "

Hastily time, on September 7, 2004, Gongqiuxia heart attack in Hong Kong, died at the age of 86.

Her daughter Ms Dai beads engineered mother's funeral, said his mother more than 10 years ago, asked that her funeral be low-key and not be troublesome relatives, nor With religious ceremonies, not to see the remains, as long as the player she had to sing the song, she would go too serene. So she completed her brilliant life Journey.