Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: COmplete Charlie Chan set!

This set has been available for some time & I got it a year or so ago. But the quality is often very below par. Some are from VHS tapes and look it but where else until now could one get the surviving films to 1949???

Mike = spammer

This troll "Mike" has been appearing on Kurt's board, the TCM Message board, et al shilling these sets which I believe he is also selling.

These illegal bootleggers must be getting very desperate to unload their inventory now that Fox has released the legal, official versions with more to come!

Re: Mike = spammer

Dear Steve,

Thank you, and I will leave this thread up as it stands as an "informational" aid to our visitors.

The best thing to do before purchasing ANY material is to first ask around to see if others have bought the product and, if so, what their feelings are about quality, service, etc.

As you mention, as the authorized Charlie Chan releases appear, the sales of the "grey market" sellers will shrink. Some, in despiration, will sadly resort to very dubious tactics, as we see above.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick