Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horror Movies on TCM

Hey Gang,
Just a heads up for October movies on TCM. They have their schedule up and it looks pretty good.

I wanted to point out a block of movies shown on the 26th. All five are zombie movies and, although I've seen only one of them, I recommend all five.

The first is called "Zombies on Broadway", a comedy about nightclub owners who want to get a real zombie for their themed club.

Next is "King of the Zombies" and "Revenge of the Zombies". Don't know anything about either but they feature Chan's own Mantan Moreland!

Next is "Zombies of Mara Tau". This movie I have seen and give a bit of a different spin on the traditional zombie film.

Finally, "The White Zombie" featuring Bela Lugosi. That in itself should be enough to watch it.

Cheers!

Chris

Re: Horror Movies on TCM

You are in for a treat. I have seen White Zombie and King of the Zombies. White Zombie is a very atmospheric movie with a disturbing story line. It was a big hit when released. The eyebrow footage is later reused in Revolt of the Zombies. Mantan Moreland plays it for laughs and comes off great. He should have gotten top billing. He does get a girl for his efforts. Gilbert Ramirez