Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Charlie Chan lost films

You can tell that I'm completely obsessed with those Charlie Chan films from China, can't you? I hope people won't mind that I have been posting extensively what I've found. I want to document it somehow, but I'm having trouble dealing with the Chinese characters on my computer directly. That text actually prints here, so I have done more than my fair share of stream-of-consciousness postings recently.

Well, the audio reconstruction with accompanying pictures is great also. Such reconstructions make fantastic DVD extras, of course. I would applaud that also.

The question was about actually refilming those movies. I agree that it would be impractical almost certainly. I don't see it happening.

However, just as a hypothetical exercise, if it were somehow to happen as some sort of direct-to-DVD venture, the issues of somehow recreating Chan himself and recreating the period (to whatever level of success that could be achieved) would be the key.

However, it would take some very special circumstance for it to actually be done. Perhaps some special funding for a film school project to study early sound film-making techniques or something.