Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rate the Chan Movies...

This should be something that's fun for everyone to do. The reason I suggested this is because until last week, I had a nice guide on CC.net as to what movies were really good and what not, then when the revamp came about, well, of course it disappeared.

So what I figured I'd do is ask everyone who wants to participate and is willing to spend 5-15 minutes doing it, is to rate the 42 Chan movies that are known to exist on a 10-point scale. Obviously, 0 is the worst, and 10 is the best.

What I will do after a couple of weeks is total all of these up and average them.

Of course, don't rate a movie you haven't seen. This should be good to see what Chan Fans in general believe their favorite movies are out of the lot of them. I could only honestly rate 20 of the movies right now, having either not seen or not remembered the rest of them (wouldn't mind eventually seeing them all, though).

Anyways, here is my list at the present time. It looks like I got all of them. I'm hoping I did. :)

Behind That Curtain -- 2 (I have never gotten bored with a Chan film until I saw this)
Eran Trece -- 6
The Black Camel -- 8.5
CC in London -- 7.5
CC in Paris -- 7
CC in Egypt -- 8
CC in Shanghai -- 8
CC's Secret -- 10
CC at the Circus -- 9
CC at the Race Track -- 9
CC at the Opera -- 9
CC at the Olympics -- 8
CC on Broadway -- 9
CC at Monte Carlo -- 8.5
CC in Honolulu
CC in Reno
CC at Treasure Island
City in Darkness
CC in Panama
CC's Murder Cruise
CC at the Wax Museum
Murder Over New York
Dead Men Tell
CC in Rio
Castle In The Desert
CC in the Secret Service -- 6.5
The Chinese Cat -- 6.5
Meeting at Midnight / Black Magic -- 7.5
The Jade Mask -- 7
The Scarlet Clue -- 6
The Shanghai Cobra -- 7
The Red Dragon
Dark Alibi
Shadows Over Chinatown
Dangerous Money
The Trap
The Chinese Ring
Docks of New Orleans
The Shanghai Chest
The Golden Eye
The Feathered Serpent
The Sky Dragon

Re: Rate the Chan Movies...

I can only think of two things: Either people don't want to spend a lot of time thinking about it, or they just don't want their answers given out for everyone to see and possibly spark a nasty debate. If the latter is true, you can E-mail me your survey at SteveHNo96@gmail.com, and I'll just post the final results. I really want to know how good of movies I'm in for with Volumes 4, 5 and 6, and possibly the Warner films, is the main reason for this. I apologize if I did something wrong.