Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Trailer for Charlie Chan Carries On?

Rush:

Yes, I hope the trailer is included at some point. It would also be nice to see the full and unedited version of the Pennsylvania Referendum.

Regards,

Doug

Pennsylvania Referendum

I voted NO on that referendum. I didn't want any of those newfangled "talking pictures" being shown on the sabbath.

Re: Pennsylvania Referendum

Russell:

There's no cause for concern. There will only be the most wholesome cinematic entertainment shown on Sundays. It will certainly always suitable for the entire family. Don't let the title 'Bloodsucking Corpses 3' worry you. It's a family-oriented zombie film with a very positive moral message.

Doug

Re: Re: Pennsylvania Referendum

It's funny that you mention that, because my opinion on those kind of movies is fairly well known. If you don't know it, you will inside of five minutes when I talk about these movies.

Set Ye Olde time machine back to 1995. I was over at my brother's abode and him and I get along about as well as oil and vinegar. Partially because he sold his soul to the Devil, i.e. his wife and I have a lot of pent up anger and frustration.

Anyways, my brother let his son who was 12 years old watch the movie "Scream" and his friend let his son who was 10 years old buy the movie "Scream". I proceeded to ask if they knew what was in the movie, I got the question "Any skin?". Well, I'd rather see female skin 101 times out of 100 than the gory scenes in this movie. When I said no, the guy told me there was nothing to worry about. I said "So let me get this straight. Woman takes off her top, you gotta be 18 to see it. Guy chops up people to tiny bits... BOOM! Family movie!"

The person immediately said "Yep. Manson Family.", so you see, it's not so much that the movie is not family-friendly, it's which family are you attempting to reach with that kind of movie? ;)