Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Rate the Chan films: A Reply to Steve H

Dear Steve,

I, too, think that Russell's means of rating the films was interesting, and I don't think that I've ever really seen it done in quite this way before. As with Steve O., I format my choices in the order of preference. It would be difficult for me to assign points to my choices, but, a ten-point system, as was used by Russell, would simplify things a bit.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rate the Chan films: A Reply to Steve H

Ordinarily I would have listed the films in order of preference as well. Following Steve H's lead I continued with his point system, which worked out pretty well as it gave him the information he was seeking. Its pleasing to note the consistent quality of the Chan films. I don't believe any of them a unwatchable. You have several excellent entrees, several more very good, good and then a few "decent" ones. None are what I would call awful or simply horrible. Behind That Curtin is an anomaly. Although it has a character named Chan it is not the Charlie Chan we all know and love. Almost a stranger with the same name.