Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Reconstruction of CHARLIE CHAN'S CHANCE

Dear Anthony,

Very good. If you have not yet done so, you might like to read through our four illustrated scripts for not only Charlie Chan's Chance," but the other three "lost" Chan films. Just use the "'Lost' Chan Films" link...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reconstruction of CHARLIE CHAN'S CHANCE

I really liked the reconstruction too. It was excellently done.

One point I noticed is that it is (necessarily) a bit condensed and moves very fast. I found myself pausing and rewatching portions several times because I thought I missed what was going on. In other words, it is not the sort of thing you can just casually watch. You really need to pay attention to what is going on since the plot is being described rather than visually shown in full.

That's not a criticism by any means. It is just that it is necessary to keep your brain working at all times or you can get the sense of being a bit lost as to what is taking place, who said what to whom, whether they are in the office or at the police station now, etc.

I hope the remaining lost films are also reconstructed as extras.

A Question for Rush

Rush,
They didn't happen to use your script on this website for the reconstruction, did they?!

Virginia