Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Sidney Toler and Keye Luke?

Rush,
I have a set of DVD's of the serial, "The Adventures of Smilin' Jack," done during WWII with Keye Luke as Captain Wing.
He had several scenes with Sidney Toler as General Kai Ling.
It's interesting but get it only if you have that much discretionary funds to spend!
Virginia

Re: Re: Re: Sidney Toler and Keye Luke?

Dear Virginia,

Thank you! As I wrote my earlier post, I had a nagging feeling in the rear recesses of my feeble mind that there was at least one instance where Keye Luke acted in the same picture as the honorable Sidney Toler. I will try to one day watch this series.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sidney Toler and Keye Luke?

Thank you, Rush, for your help. I enjoyed seeing you on the new Chan DVDs as well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sidney Toler and Keye Luke?

Daer Isaac,

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Re: Sidney Toler and Keye Luke?

Hello Virginia. Still working on the videos, but almost done. Sorry it's been so long, but the last 3 weeks have been insane for me.

Interesting you mentioned "Adventures of Smilin' Jack." I just peeked at the Alpha dvd releases for November at Oldies.com and they listed this serial! It's only going to cost $8.50 for the dvd so it's a great bargain and will be well worth checking out! I imagine a few folks here will want to take a look at this one.

The web page for this listing is

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/9531D.html

Thanks again for pointing this one out, Virginia.

Gary "take care" O.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sidney Toler and Keye Luke?

Thanks for the link!

And the videos will get here when they get here!

Love,
Virginia