Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Poisonous cigarette - Charlie Chan in Panama

I have not seen CCin Rio, however Mapuchare laced cigarrettes are used in CCin Egypt. Scarlet Clue also has gas sprayed from microphones when combined with cigarrett smoke are deadly. Thank you so much.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poisonous cigarette - Charlie Chan in Panama

Catherine metioned poisonous cigs from the start,I think thats what is throwing us off. In RIO there are no poison cigs that I can recall but based on what statement she says Jimmy made it's must be RIO.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poisonous cigarette - Charlie Chan in Panama

Hi all,

Yes I was mis-saying when I said poisonous (I was thinking that), but when one of you nice folks mentioned the hypnotic in Rio I was sure that was the scene I had in my mind's eye.

Thanks all, have a nice day.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poisonous cigarette - Charlie Chan in Panama

Yeah, in "Rio", Jimmy was skeptical of the professor's method of hypnosis, so the professor offered a demonstration with the smoke and coffee mix (I think it had to be "cold", or room temperature coffee for the combination to work).

Meanwhile, Charlie, while #2 son was under hypnosis, found out that Jimmy slept through classes and put a dent in the family car. :D

In the beginning of "Panama" is where the agent - making contact with Charlie, who's working undercover as "Fu Yen" in a shop called "Fu Yen Panama Hats" - lights a smoke and collapses moments later, dead on the spot.

But, in "Egypt", it wasn't a cigarette that was noxious - rather a small tube filled with poisonus gas that shattered when a certain tone or note was played (in this case, inside the body of a violin).