Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Chasing Charlie Chan"

I just began reading an interesting short detective novel by Dave Crosby titled "Chasing Charlie Chan." I am about a third of the way through it, as my time to read "fun" literature is severely limited at this time. Although it will not win any literary acclaim, I have found it to be, thus far, a charming story that contains a nostalgic innocence much lacking in today's hardened environment. What I think fans of Charlie Chan will appreciate is the ties with the Chan film series within the context of the story.

There are some slight flaws, including a few typos obviously missed through the use of a spell check instead of a human proof reader, but the story is worth the read, I feel. It has been fun for this reader to ponder the possible influences of such films as "The Black Camel" and Charlie Chan at the Circus" on Mr. Crosby as he wrote this story.

Hopefully I will be able to share more when I finish reading the story. If anyone would like to learn a bit more, here is an address that you may wish to visit: http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Charlie-Chan-Dave-Crosby/dp/1424172519.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: "Chasing Charlie Chan"

That Dave Crosby Guy? That's my daddy. He's a great guy and loves the Charlie Chan movies. Thank you for noticing his book.

Re: "Chasing Charlie Chan"

Mr. Glick:
Thanks for the nice words about my book, Chasing Charlie Chan. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book. You're right about the typos, but I was not aware of them until I read your review. I found nine errors, and they are being corrected.
I have another Charlie Chandler book about to be published. In this one Charlie battles a nut called Crypto, who send coded warnings to his victims.
Regards, Dave Crosby

Re: Re: "Chasing Charlie Chan"

DEAR Dave Crosby:
I'm a student and researching the mystery of "Charlie Chan" now,Can you did me a favor?
I want to know did you write the book"chasing Charlie Chan" ? what the name of the other book? and publisher? when?
Another question is"who set the homepage about "the Charlie Chan Family"?
I tried to link to amazon bookstore , but I failed.
I really need your help.thank you

sincerely yours
A Charlie Chan's fan frow Taiwan.