Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rush, Any info on EDWIN LUKE?

Rush, I'd like to know more about Keye Luke's younger brother, EDWIN LUKE who played Eddie Chan, Charlie's Number Four Son. He was in only one Charlie Chan Movie, THE JADE MASK. According to IMDB, Edwin was in only one other movie (uncredited in SINGAPORE (1947) as a clerk). Is there any reason why he didn't do anymore movies like his brother Keye. There is not much about him in Ken Hanke's book.

Re: Rush, Any info on EDWIN LUKE?

Dear Sam,

My hope is to make contact one day with the members of Keye Luke's family when they attend a showing of a Charlie Chan movie at the Old Town Music Hall in the Los Angeles area. That is something that I have wished to ask some of them for some time. Hopefully, I will have the good fortune of attending the right showing in the future.

My thoughts on this are that Edwin Luke was not an actor as was his famous brother. He was adequate as Number Four Son, Eward in "The Jade Mask," and, I suspect that he was in his only other film several years later more for his ethnicity than for his acting skills.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick