Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan and Fu Manchu

I recall Warner Oland appeared in a film having to do with the infamous Fu manchu. Just today, as an early birthday present, one of my brothers gave me a DVD set. Included was a disc of episodes of the 1950s show "The Adventures of Fu Manchu". (Fu manchu had his own TV show? Who knew?) Suffice to say the credits list appearances by Keye Luke and Victor Sen Yung! Also included in the set are The Lone Ranger, Rocky Jones, Space Ranger, Dragnet, Ramar of the Jungle (loved that show as a kid) and the TV Flash Gordon (1950s naturally). With a little luck the TV Adventures of Charlie Chan could be available as well.

Re: Charlie Chan and Fu Manchu

Warner Oland played Fu Manchu in both THE MYSTERIOUS DR. FU MANCHU (1929) and THE RETURN OF DR. FU MANCHU (1930) for Paramount Pictures which were directed by Rowland V. Lee (SON OF FRANKENSTEIN, TOWER OF LONDON). I believe it is now owned by UNIVERSAL PICTURES since MCA bought the pre-1950 Paramount Pictures Film Library.