Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: And the winner is...Russell!

Russell,
Congratulations!!

I don't know what your prize is but, knowing Rush, it's bound to be a keeper!!

I'm sorry that I haven't posted . . . it's been a case of the surgery went well but the medications may not like me!! But I shall prevail as long as you all keep Monday Nights so much fun!!

Russell, congratulations again!!

Now, on to The Chinese Cat next Monday!!

Virginia

Re: And the winner is...Russell!

Dear Rush: Is there really a prize? I just thought it was a fictional type race with an equally phantom prize. I must add I am always sorry to hear about the various ailments people are afflicted with. I am always so healthy. My very best wishes to all of you who may be getting over recent operations. In particular Virginia. Just this week my mother had to go in for an operation. Being elderly adds an extra burden to her recovery, so I am more appreciative then ever of my blessings and sympathetic to the challenges of others. Thank you in advance for the prize, even if it is a virtual one. It is nice to have won. Sincerely, Russell

Dear Russell,

Again congratulations! Yes, there is a real prize involved...a part of our Melbourne Cup Night "tradition." In the past, our good friend Steve Rhodes from Australia used to participate and would bestow upon the winner a new 50-cent coin from his country as a reference to Charlie Chan's bet placed in "Charlie Chan at the race Track." However, since present circumstances result in Steve not being able to join us, a similar prize has been substituted: a vintage 1935 U.S. half dollar. Could this be the actual coin used by Mr. Chan, himself? We can imagine so, at least. This will be sent to you right away, although, I must have your mailing address. Please email it to me at charliechanfamily@yahoo.com, if you would.

In closing, please pass along my best wishes to your honorable mother for a very swift and full recovery.

Sincerely,
Rush

Russell,
May I join Rush in wishing your mother's speedy recovery?! . . . . And may she live long and prosper!!

Virginia

Sorry Russell about your mother. I am going through similar circumstances. My Mom got a double whammy last month. She was diagnozed with an early form of PARKINSON'S DISEASE plus she found out that she also needs BACK SURGERY next March. Since all of my siblings live out of state, I am the one to take care of her since Dad passed away of cancer back in 2004. She is only 66. So I know what you are going through. My prayers are with you and your mother.

Re: Re: Re: And the winner is...Russell!

I know about being a caregiver, for my mother.

I'm glad I did, no guilty feelings here, even in spite of . . . shall I say certain relatives? . . . who apparently had no use for me since they think a woman has value only if she works OUTSIDE the home.

Their tirades tell me more about them then they do about me!!

Virginia