Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question For Virginia

Craig,
Yes, she did and quit promptly, too.

Maybe this is just a very busy time for her, for whatever reason.

Don't give up on her yet!!

Good Luck!
Virginia

Re: Re: Question For Virginia

Hello again. Sorry for pestering you about this. How long did it take her to respond to you? The reason I ask is because I sent a SASE Priority packet for her to send the items back. The box I sent her was accepted thru Delivery Confirmation. I understand that some celebrities respond very quickly, others are extremely busy and it takes some time. Just wanted to know your experience here. Thank you.

Re: Re: Re: Question For Virginia

Craig,
You're not pestering me at all!!

It's just that it's been long enough - at least a couple to four years - that I honestly can't remember how long she took to answer me . . . . When she did, I wrote her a thank-you letter which she also answered so . . . be patient and you may get even luckier!!

Virginia

Re: Question For Virginia

Hi Craig,

One thing to consider is that Kay Linaker is now 94 years old (will be 95 this summer). Although her general health is reportedly pretty decent she may not be able to personally answer correspondence as quickly as she used to, assuming she can at all (even if her mental health is good physical difficulties may impair her writing).

A gentleman on another board who occasinally wrote Marc Lawrence noted that his letters back grew shorter and more infrequent the older he got. Unfortunately time catches up to us all eventually.

Hopefully you will hear from her at some point. Please let us know if you do.

Steve

Re: Re: Question For Virginia

Many thanks to Virginia and Steve. Yes, I hope to hear from Miss Linaker. From what I've read, she's a very busy lady! Perhaps I will hear from her between semesters. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

Speaking of Marc Lawrence, a few/several years back I was very fortunate to meet him at an autograph/memorabilia show at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn in Studio City. Sometime I'll have to tell the story of meeting the man behind "Steve McBirney's" mask. lol

Re: Re: Re: Question For Virginia

Please do!

Virginia