Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A thought on upcoming Chats

Hello, everyone.

First, it feels wonderful to finally be home with our second daughter, Rachel. However, our happiness has been tempered by the sad departure of my venerable father-in-law who passed away while we were still overseas. Thankfully, we have our newest addition here with us, and her contageous smile does much to help ease the void left by the sudden absence of one so important in our lives...

Now, it has been suggested by our own Virginia that we do the following over the upcoming months as we await the release this fall of the final set of Fox Charlie Chan DVDs. Beginning with Volume One, we can begin showing all of the films that are available to us in their proper sequence. So, starting with June, we can view "The Black Camel," "Charlie Chan in London," Charlie Chan in Egypt," and "Charlie Chan in Shanghai." Even if we have featured one or more filkms recently, what is your opinion? Should this "be a go?"

As their are five Mondays in June, we could fill out the month with a Winters Chan film, as we have been showing one every other month, customarily.

Again, please feel free to express your thoughts on this...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: A thought on upcoming Chats

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of Marie's father. That must have been devastating to come home to. Please accept the sympathies and prayers from my family to yours.

Steve

Rush,

There was so much information in your post. First, welcome home and you and your family have my deepest sympathy on the passing of your father-in-law. I just can’t imagine how difficult it must have been, especially while traveling.

I did smile while reading your comment about Rachel. It is so very obvious how happy you all are; especially now that you are back at home….together. I’m sure the multiple trips were taxing on everyone, but I’m sure the end result was well worth the effort. Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

I like the idea about starting from Volume One in June and going in order of the movie release, finishing all the Volumes just as the new/final set is released. I think it would be much easier for you to schedule too. Of course, I’m easy and will go “with the flow” too, so what ever is decided, I’ll be happy….as long as we are watching a movie together on Monday’s!

Also, don’t forget to add Tuesday June 10th to our Chat Night schedule, as three Chan films will be shown concurrently on TCM starting at 8:00 PM EST.

Re: Re: A thought on upcoming Chats

I know that I suggested this idea but it turns out that it would be perfect for me since I've moved downstairs because of the hip replacement surgery tomorrow . . . so all my Chan tapes are upstairs but I have my DVDs right here by the computer!!

WELCOME HOME, RUSH, MARIE, AND RACHEL AND A SPECIAL HELLOW TO SARAH!!

Virginia

I'm glad to see you are back with your new daughter.
Sorry to hear about your Father-In-Law.
I hope you had a wonderful trip even though you had a sad homecoming.