Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anna May Wong

Last evening, TCM showed a number of Anna May Wong films. Sadly, I did not have the time to see more than parts of two of them plus the documentary, although I did record the documentary as well as "The Toll of the Sea," a very early Technicolor film that I had seen and enjoyed a few years ago. I hope that some of us had the opportunity to watch some of the pictures - very nice!

It was nice, too, that Warner Oland was in several of the films, ("Old San Francisco," "Daughter of the Dragon," and "Shanghai Express.")

I didn't catch the name of the commentator who provided some of the "Asian perspective" for the films shown, but he didn't seem to get too politically correct from what I saw and heard. I seem to recall that he was one of the saner members of FMC's "kangaroo court" Asian panel during the ill-fated Chan festival there some years back. Hopefully, he will remain as objective for TCM's mini-marathon of Charlie Chan movies this coming Tuesday, should he be the commentator.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Anna May Wong

Hey Rush,
I too recorded the Documentary and "Daughter of the Dragon". I'm hoping to watch both today.