Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Louise Henry info after 1939

What a wonderful board. I am looking for informatuon about Louise Henry after her filmograhy seems to end in 1939. Marriage? Career? Death? Any info greatly appreciated. She had a great line in CC in Reno - "This is 1939! We're modern!"

Thanks!

Re: Louise Henry info after 1939

I've been trying unsuccessfully to track down the same thing. IMDB indicates she is still alive but that may simply be the result of nobody reporting her passing (assuming she has).

She was a wonderful Billie Bronson as well.

Re: Re: Louise Henry info after 1939

Thanks Steve,

I ended up the same way, that is, with no factual info, but an absence of info. Seems to me there must be something out there, but I can't find any commentary. She seemed pretty good at the craft and had real presence. Must be more. If she's alive, that would be great, especially after last April's news. I will post whtever I find.

Re: Louise Henry info after 1939

I looked in the SS death index and did not see an entry for "Louise Henry" but that doesn't mean anything if the name she used in real life was different (due to marriage, etc.)

Please keep us posted if you do find anything!

Re: Re: Re: Louise Henry info after 1939

Welcome!!

But am I missing something?!?! Last April's news?!?!

Help!!

Virginia

Re: Henry info after 1939

I'm assuming he's referring to Kay Linaker's passing.

Re: Re: Henry info after 1939

Thanks again Steve - yes, it was the news about Linaker. We must all eventually pass, but seeing a great film with her vibrancy, and then hearing news puts the matter in direct privity. While presumptuous, it is like losing someone you knew. My son gave me a gift - a set of DVD's with CC in Reno. Crystal, crystal clear. Great b/w photography. There she is. Time stands still.