Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan in Egypt

Sorry I had to leave the Chat Room early last night but I noticed something as I was putting my DVD of Egypt up:

Who is the woman on the cover of the DVD? It can't be Rita Cansino (known later as Rita Cansino) but it doesn't look like Pat Paterson (Carol Arnold).

Anybody have any ideas?!

Virginia

Re: Charlie Chan in Egypt

Dear Virginia,

A very good question! Only two women appear for any length of time onscreen in "Egypt," and these are the two you mentioned. There was also, Anita Brown, of course, who played Snowshoes' girlfriend, but she can be ruled out for obvious reasons. There is one other possibility, and she is none other than Gloria Roy. She is listed in extended credits as having participated in the movie, but in no specific role. Could it be, that she was to have been in the film in a bigger way, but, for some reason, was left on the editing room floor? Perhaps, assuming that this is her, and, I have to say, it is a little bit of a stretch to convince myself that it is her in the photo, she could have been in some of the stills made for the movie, and her image could have been lifted to appear as seen on the cover. What do you think? Your eye has always proven to be much more adept at these sightings!

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Charlie Chan in Egypt

Rush,
For one thing, Gloria Roy's hair was much darker than we see on Egypt's cover plus the face doesn't look like Roy's either.

I get the feeling that whoever did the cover saw about as much of the movie as our friends who try to disguies their politics as legitimage commentary.

At least in my humble opinion, of course!

(Maybe I'd better quit before I get pushed off my !)

Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan in Egypt

That should, of course, be disguised!

Virginia