Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Comic

Dear Jack,

I regret that the facsimile example of this week's Sunday comic was of extremely poor quality. The only suggestion that I have that may help out in the reading of the dialog in two panels where it is obsuured by darkness is to copy the comic to your computer, perhaps to a program such as "Paint." You can then enlarge the text and perhaps read it easier. My ultimate hope is that one day we will come across an original comic from this date for sale that can be added to our collection here. That would solve the difficulty. Sadly, this trouble crops up on a few occasions.

At this time we have about 75% of all Chan Sunday comics that were produced between October 30, 1938 and May 31, 1942 available to us in their original form. After the start of World War II, I have noted that there are many holes in what has been available through sellers. My guess would be that many were lost to wartime paper drives. If you or anyone else ever comes across any original examples of Charlie Chan Sunday comics that we are currently lacking, please let me know, and I will try to obtain them for presentation here, at our humble site...

Sincerely,
Rush