Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old 1971 Video Footage of KCRA CHANNEL 3: CHARLIE CHAN FILM FESTIVAL on YOU TUBE!

I just want to let people know that a good friend of mine just added an old video clip for a promo of a CHARLIE CHAN FILM FESTIVAL which was on KCRA CHANNEL 3 from 1971 until 1972. It was on Saturday Nights at 11:30PM. Amazing that this footage is still around. It is on YOU TUBE. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrkUe0ensUI

Re: Old 1971 Video Footage of KCRA CHANNEL 3: CHARLIE CHAN FILM FESTIVAL on YOU TUBE!

Hi Sam:

Too funny - quite racy too! There was a Charlie Chan Film Festival on my local Boston channel (WCVB-TV) one summer back in the early 70's late night that I used to check out on my old 13" Panasonic B&W TV. My parents didn't know I stayed up that late (it actually was on at 1:00 AM twice weekly I believe). That was my intro to the illustrious detective from Punchbowl Hill. It had an intro with an Oriental theme and a host doing a voice over introducing the film - sure would love to see that posted on You Tube.

Hope all is well....

Re: Re: Old 1971 Video Footage of KCRA CHANNEL 3: CHARLIE CHAN FILM FESTIVAL on YOU TUBE!

Funny thing about the title, I could have sworn it was called CHARLIE CHAN THEATRE, not CHARLIE CHAN FILM FESTIVAL? It's host was GEOFF WONG, who is an attorney in SACRAMENTO today. They showed all of the FOX Chan films (at the time, CHARLIE CHAN'S SECRET up to CASTLE IN THE DESERT). No MONOGRAM'S. It was shown on NBC affiliate, KCRA-TV Channel 3 on Saturday Nights, now the time slot of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.