Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: CHARLIE AND MONOGRAM

Dear John,

I would like to echo Virginia's welcome to you!

The rights to the films you mention are held by Warner Brothers. That company is currently working to find suitable prints for these movies in the hope of releasing them on DVD. This has been in the works for a couple of years, as it is difficult to find clean copies. One day, hopefully, we will have these pictures available on authorized, commercially produced DVDs for our viewing pleasure. In the meantime, all we have are the "undergroud" versions hat are often of dubious quality.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

PS - Virginia, I look forward to seeing the Charlie Chan figure that you will be exhibiting at your honorable Site!

Re: Re: Re: CHARLIE AND MONOGRAM

Rush:

I think I may have asked you this before, but have you perhaps heard which of the movies are causing the most trouble for Warner? In other words, do they have clean copies of all but one or two at this point, or are most of the prints still problematic?

If you don't know for sure, which ones would you guess are causing the most trouble?

Doug

Re: Re: Re: Re: CHARLIE AND MONOGRAM

Dear Doug,

As I understand the current situation, a fair number of the Monogram Chan films held by Warner Brothers, 11 in all, are of poor enough quality to require a search for better prints.

Sincerely,
Rush

Rush, It's up and running at the top of my Charlie Chan Annex on the link above! Virginia

Thank you all for your prompt reply looking forward to the final outcome