Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

I'm sure this'll be interesting as well as fun - I know it's already brightened my nightly insomniac wrestling.

2 that are off the top of my head are the horse Gallant Lad from "Race Track" and Sue Toy, the special Army carrier pigeon Jimmy brought with him to care for that Charlie named and borrowed for his visit to Mandarley in "Castle In The Desert".

Trying to remember what the lion in "Murder Cruise" was called - the one who slept on the same bed as the keeper.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

Dear Swing Man,

Some good ones. The pigeon in "Castle in the Desert" was named Ming Toy (there are a number of "Toys" mentioned throughout the Chan series, including Su Toy from "Charlie Chan at the Circus" (a picture with MANY animals in it, most importantly, Caesar the Ape!), and there is even another mention of a "Ming Toy" - not an animal - made in "Charlie Chan in Paris"). The lion in "Charlie Chan in Honolulu" (yes, "Murder Cruise" is often confused with this film - it has happened to me, too!) was Oscar. In this movie, we also see lots of other animals in the hold of the passenger freighter 'Susan B. Jennings.'

While we are at it, I'll add, if I may, the black cat who saves Charlie Chan's life in the "lost" film, "Charlie Chan's Chance" (which can be experienced through reading our illustrated script elsewhere at this humble site). The cat has no name in the film, but was played by a feline named Puzzums in real life.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

sorry for trying to steal your thunder rush. Should've read replies before submitting mine!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

that was Ming Toy and Oscar!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

Dear RPH,

No problem! If something must be stolen, thunder is fine, as no "rain" results!

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

Don't forget the cow in the ghost town in CC in Reno.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

What about the cat hiding in the cabinet? I think it was "In Paris" where Charlie, with drawn gun, confronts a noise that turns out to be a cat and her kittins.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Charlie Chan Menagerie

That was in CC in Shanghai.