Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "The Trap"

Dear Rush and everyone: My gray market copies of these films is often barely watchable. My dvd player often freezes. I may have to only listen to them on the computer as I attempt to particpate in the Monday night chat sessions. On an aside note. I am going to try to get a mortage and buy my late mother's house from my siblings. Wish me luck!

Re: Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "The Trap"

Russell,
Good luck!
Virginia

Re: Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "The Trap"

Dear Russell,

I too have/use the Chan "gray market" copies when we are not watching the newer boxed sets/digitally mastered copies. I truly FEEL your pain about the quality some of these copies present. I just keep telling myself, the only bad Chan, is no Chan.

Good luck with the purchase of the property and I look forward to seeing you on our Monday night chats!

Matt

Re: Re: Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "The Trap"

Matt,
I recenty loaned my Fox DVD Set copy of The Black Camel to my brother, Jim, and his younger son, Mitchel, since I figured it is the first "real" Charlie Chan movie. . . . That it also had Bela Lugosi was an extra goodie. So I thought.

Keep in mind that Jim loves movies and can appreciate oldies as well as the next person . . . not to mention that he was reading the Encyclopida Britannica at age 6 for fun . . . . Turns out that it bored both of them stiff.

I would be inclined to agree with starting with the early Chans but . . . I could be wrong!!

(Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!)

Virginia