Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three questions...

Matt,
That WOULD explain why Charlie, Tommy and Birmingham were living in San Francisco!

NOTE!: This is speculation on our part, isn't it, Rush?!?!

Virginia

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three questions...

Dear Virginia,

VERY much so. Especially in this case!

Sincerely,
Rush

Three questions...Don't forget my theory

Don't forget my theory that Tommy was on a secret mission for the state department. Fighting by the side of Chiang Kai-shek against the Reds. Tommy eventually marrying Chang's daughter. See the lost adventure: "Charlie Chan in Taiwan". In order to maintain the fiction that Tommy is not undercover, that he is with his father solving cases Jimmy poses for a while as Tommy to maintain the fiction. Everyone plays along. As for Mrs.Chan she is in nearby LA helping to take care of the ill Frances and Iris Chan who have been both severely hurt in a car accident. They are both married and Mrs Chan has taken charge of both their households. One is a widow and the other's husband is overseas serving in the military. Mrs Chan is mentioned all the time by Charlie, just not "on screen" as the time of the Winter's Chans the ladies are well on the mend and the conversations concerning them are very mundane. Of course the "lost" case that takes place right at the tragedy mentions her all the time. It is the "lost" case: "Charlie Chan's Family" Needly to say the "accident" was no accident.

Re: Three questions...Don't forget my theory

O yes, I forgot to mention all those hospital bills. Charlie retires and goes into private pratice to raise the needed cash to pay all those bills. Especially to pay for that "special operation" that saves Iris's life!

Re: Re: Three questions...Don't forget my theory

Dear Russell,

Thank you for your theory. You were the first to offer an alternative to the demise of Number Three Son Tommy, I believe.

(If anyone else has their own ideas regarding the original questions mentioned at the top of this thread, please feel free to offer them here.)

Thank you, again, Russell.

Sincerely,
Rush