Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Birthday Tribute to Warner Oland

I dood it.

I posted about Daughter of the Dragon and Old Francisco (with Anna May Wong, the latter beign perfect for their Silent Sunday Night Movies) plus Oland in any of his Fu Manchu and Charlie Chan movies.

Forgot to mention his birthday but I otherwise tried to cover Warner Olands bases!

Virginia

Dear Virginia,

Very good! Maybe we can announce this idea of Steve's at the next Chat. If you, or anyone else has the time, perhaps we can also tell the good folks over at the charliechan.net Message Board/

Sincerely,
Rush

Steve and Rush:

I dood it!

Virginia

Rush and Virginia -- Due to my work schedule, I will not be able to join the CC family movie viewing on Monday. Please feel free to talk up the Warner Oland Birthday Tribute on TCM.

So far, we have three postings. If we can get a total of ten postings to TCM, that should make an impression. If we can give them 20 recommendations for an Oland Tribute, that would blow them away.

When submitting your recommendation to TCM, remember to mention that it's for Warner Oland's birthday, which is Saturday, Oct. 3, 2009. Do It for Charlie !!!