Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Correction to Karloff & Oland

Rush and Virginia -- Thank you, but I made an error. Correction: Lon Chaney Jr. worked with Sidney Toler, not Warner Oland. I'm getting my Chan pictures mixed up. Cheers!!! -- Steve

Re: Correction to Karloff & Oland

I've mixed them up more often than I care to admit!

Virginia

Re: Boris Karloff Vs. Warner Oland . . . Quiz TIme!

The way the question was worded with 'apart from the Chan series' sort of negates this answer, but another point of comparison is that both played Chinese detectives in the movies with Oland as Chan and Karloff as Mr. Wong (with Keye Luke taking over this role for one movie serving as another point of connection).

And there's more similarities between Karloff and Oland. (1) Both actors were born in a foreign country, but achieved their great success in the USA. (2) Both actors died in their respective home countries, i.e.: Karloff in England and Oland in Sweden. (3) Both actors appeared in films with the beautiful Myrna Loy. (4) Both actors appeared in films with the equally beautiful Valerie Hobson.

So what do I win? A free trip to Sweden? Or England? I'll settle for Texas.

Would you settle for a never-before-published-on-my-website recipe?! Straight from Texas?!

I promise it would be tasty!

Virginia

Woe Is Me!

I feel like I should turn over my website to you all!

Virginia