Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warner Oland Birthday

I sent to TMC again and Had my daughter do so, both for Daughter of the Dragon

Re: Warner Oland Birthday

Dear Frosty,

Very good! Our collective Panama hat is off to both you and your honorable daughter. Hopefully, TCM received enough requests, and Mr. Oland's birthday will be celebrated with a few films this year.

Sincerely,
Rush

Hi Frosty (and CC family),

Thank you and your daughter for taking the time to contact TCM regarding our campaign for a Warner Oland birthday tribute.

For the purpose of contacting the TCM programming director, I am trying to get a complete list of CC family members who have supported our efforts. At this time, I have the following 18 people:

1. Steve Fredrick, posted on May 19th.
2. Rush Glick, posted on May 20th.
3. Virginia Johnson, posted on May 20th.
4. D. Pendleton, (aka Frosty), posted on May 24th.
5. Carl, NC, posted on May 24th.
6. Matt, posted on May 25th.
7. Hounder/Robbinsville, posted on June 1st.
8. MiddleInlet, posted on June 1st.
9. Kathy Seaman, posted on June 1st.
10. Rusell/King of Prussia, posted on June 1st.
11. Old Goat/Crivita, posted on June 1st.
12. Beth Pendleton, posted on June 1st.
13. E. Pendleton, posted on June 1st.
14. H. Bently, posted on June 1st.
15. Charles Brian, posted on June 1st.
16. Wendy/Nutly, posted on June 1st.
17. D. Pendleton (Frosty), posted on June 1st.
18. Miracle Woman/Camby, posted on June 2nd.

Did I leave anybody out? If so, please contact me.

Please be aware that somebody went on TCM's Suggest A Movie site, and posted a comment to NOT play Charlie Chan movies. This person noted the "yellow face" issue. That means somebody is reading our suggestions.

If you do a posting at the TCM website, please remember that we are recommending a Warner Oland festival, not a Charlie Chan festival. TCM has several Oland titles in their film library.

Thank you all for your support. Maybe TCM will listen to us and we'll have a chance to see a wonderful tribute to the great Warner Oland.

Sincerely,

Steve

Dear Steve,

Thank you, so much. And thank you ALL who sent a positive message to TCM.

Regarding the now tiresome allegations promulgated by anti-Chan fanatics, sadly, there will always be agenda-driven individuals who still cannot see the historical forest for the "trees" of their own "enlightenment." Group-think is a very destructive force as we have seen in so many instances throughout time.

Sincerely,
Rush