Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Jewel from Hawaii Steve!

Virginia,

Thank you for the kind mention on your website. I appreciate the plug.

During the 1980s, I worked in the film/television industry in and around Los Angeles. At that time, I met and/or worked with many entertainers, including Bea Arthur, Ed McMahon, and the "King of Pop" -- Michael Jackson.

Yesterday, June 25th, I was interviewed by a number of local Honolulu radio stations about my connection to Michael Jackson.

In the mid-1980s, worked on the "Billie Jean" video. Around 1990, Mr. Jackson had an office in the same building I worked at. I saw him and spoke with him on numerous occasions.

The deaths of Ms. Arthur and Mr. McMahon were expected. They were not in the best of health. But Mr. Jackson's death is a complete shock. Totally out of the blue. I am sadden by these three recent deaths. I knew these people. I shared time with these people. I am grateful to have known them, if only briefly.

All three of these people were wonderful entertainers. The public loved them. Each one of them, a class act. God bless them.

Steve