Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chan Films Yet To Be Released

Hi Mike,

Actually these remaining Monograms have different owners...the films are owned by Warner Home Video. MGM only controls the rights to the 6 that they released.

In early 2009 Warners indicated that a retail release of certain of these titles would be coming in early 2010. Unfortunately no other information is known publically at this time, including which of the remaining 11 (5 Toler; 6 Winters)are to be included.

Since January is just around the corner hopefully we'll be getting some word soon on this.

Merry Christmas!

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate the feedback. I'm guessing they will finish the Toler films. It only makes sense to do that.
Regards,
Mike U.

Merry Christmas to you, too.

I thought I had posted this comment a couple of weeks ago, but apparently I must have done it incorrectly as I do not see it posted. What I had said was that I saw a new boxed set of Charlie Chan DVDs at Costco entiltled- "Charlie Chan - The International Investigator." It contained 17 ALREADY released Chan films that have been cleaned. I hope this is NOT the Charlie Chan release that MGM said would be coming early in the year. If anyone knows anything about this latest release, I'd like to know. Thanks.