Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rare Warner Oland Film on TCM Tonight

Tonight, Sunday, April 11, 2010, TCM will show "When a Man Loves" (1927 Warner Bros.) as part of its Silent Sunday Night program. Showtime: 12 midnight EST; 6:00 PM in Hawaii.

This romantic melodrama stars three heavy-hitters from Hollywood's golden years: John Barrymore, Dolores Costello, and Warner Oland.

Several of Warner Oland's silent movies are considered "lost" films today. Here is a wonderful opportunity to see Mr. Oland play a character other than Charlie Chan. This film was made four years before he played Chan for the first time in "Charlie Chan Carries On" (1931 Fox).

For additional information about this film, please visit the TCM website. Just 'click' on Silent Sunday Nights and search for "When a Man Loves" (1927 WB).

The film is also available on DVD from Amazon ($26.99) and Deep Discount ($19.39).

Enjoy.

Re: Rare Warner Oland Film on TCM Tonight

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the information! I will try to watch at least bits and pieces of that film this evening before going to bed fairly early for my first day back to work after my vacation. Unfortunately, my venerable wife will be viewing "Brothers and Sisters" at the same time...

Sincerely,
Rush