Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GREAT NEWS!

Dear Nightwolf,

Thank you for noting the soon-to-be-released DVD set from Warner Brothers. Yes, this IS very exciting! It has taken some time, but the first four of the remaining eleven Monogram Charlie Chan movies under the domain of Warner will be available for purchase on June 8. Pre-orders are encouraged, and this can be done through Amazon.com.

It is important that this set of DVDs sells well so that Warner Brothers will see fit to release the other seven movies, as well. I have it on very good authority that this is very much the case, and that they are taking something of a risk to produce and market this first set.

I would add that this is something of a tribute to the lasting popularity of Charlie Chan and his multitudinous fan base. Please recall the dark days following the sad demise of the Charlie Chan festival on Fox Movie Channel in 2003. Who then would have imagined that Charlie Chan fans, now galvanized and standing up to the misguided (at best) anti-Chan groups, would be a key to Charlie Chan films being commercially released in fine box sets: MGM Home Entertainment, 20th Century-Fox, and now Warner Brothers. It is now possible that very soon, ALL Chan movies will be available on commercially produced DVDs. Please take a well-deserved bow, Charlie Chan fans, all of you...YOU made this possible!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: GREAT NEWS!

I've pre-ordered my copy!