Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Trap Opening Credits blooper

Yes, there appears to be some print damage to this title. Are you referring to the scene where Jimmy makes his first appearance in the house? There are light scratches that run across the picture for the balance of the scene. The online reviews made these sound worse than what they really are.

I agree with the post about Chinese Ring..this was a major upgrade for me. The print for this film was perhaps the best of the 4. It's great to be able to view and enjoy a movie without being distracted by a bad print.

Bring on Vol 2! :)

Re: The Trap Opening Credits blooper

Thank you, gentlemen, for your comments about the scratches seen in the scene mentioned by Steve. As I have not had the chance to read any other reviews, yet, I was curious as to how those appeared to others. As I mentioned before, I didn't think that had anything to do with the quality of the DVD itself. Definitely a flaw in the original print.

My understanding is that Warner Brothers searched literally everywhere to obtain the best quality examples to use in this DVD set. Hopefully, the remaining seven films will appear in a subsequent set or sets. Sales numbers will be key, I understand, in their final decision.

I have yet to see "The Chinese Ring," and, from what you have said, it sounds wonderful! Yes, it will be nice not to hear the echoing, etc. present in the copies we used to watch!

Thank you, again, gentlemen...

Sincerely,
Rush