Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New York Times DVD Review: "Charlie Chan Collection"

nice article and it has a bit of formality to make any old film fan want to check it out. It seems to have done well in its debut week, just judging on how Deep Discount dot com (a big online retailer of movies) had sold out in about 3 days of their inventory.

I hope it continues to do well in sales, and I hope it prompts TCM to get the rest of the Chans acquired and released also. I really, really want to see Feathered Serpent so I can see both sons number 1 and number 2 onscreen in one film. LOL! Just imagine them both trying to impress pop with their detective skills. ROFL!

Re: New York Times DVD Review: "Charlie Chan Collection"

Thanks, Steve.

I often wonder if the reviewers actually watch the films they review...this segment from the article makes me wonder about this writer:

"Ostensibly a chauffeur, Moreland’s Birmingham Brown character behaves more like a full partner in the Chan family enterprise. Carrying the ball for the immobile Toler, he does much of the work of clue gathering as a sort of sensible older brother to the impulsive youngster played by Victor Sen Yung"

I love Moreland in these films, but in no way is he "carrying the ball" for Toler (who's not really immobile) and he certainly is never "sensible".