Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Murder Over New York"

As we usher in the summer season, please join us for this week’s Chat/Film Viewing as we watch and discuss “Murder Over New York,” starring Sidney Toler. A case of murder and international espionage awaits Charlie chan as he arrives in New York City! Will he and son, Jimmy, find the one responsible before he strikes again; and, will they be among his next victims? (Again, Mr. Chan is involved in a case of "déjà vu," following very closely his 1932 adventure, as chronicled in the "lost" movie, "Charlie Chan's Chance"! Take a little time to view our script for this missing film, and see if you think "Murder Over New York" compares favorably. What are the similarities? The differences?)

Our Chat Room is located HERE at our Charlie Chan Family Home. Please use any of the “Chat Room” links to join us.

Even if you do not happen to have a copy of our featured movie, please do join us, as you will NOT be left out of our ongoing chat and festivities. Also, as is our custom, newcomers are offered the seat of honor at our humble table.

So, let’s get together for yet another fun Monday evening as we gather to watch “Murder Over New York.”

(PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to receive weekly email announcements regarding our Monday Evening Chats, as well as receive high-quality scanned movie still images (one per week) from our films of the week, please email us at: charliechanfamily@yahoo.com)

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Murder Over New York"

well I would be a newcomer. I will grab my DVD and put it in now. I assume you watch and comment along the way or do you watch it first then comment? I will ask now so I will know what is the proper way to handle it in the future. :)

I am getting my DVD now, as it is 8:22 PM where I am now. I own all the Charlie Chan DVDs of the first 6 movies release Monogram set, the Fox volumes 1 thru 5 featuring Warner and Sidney. I also own both Fox volumes of Mr. Moto. I don't have any books though.

I will be using DSL, and sometimes my connection gets a little disconnected now (I don't know why, but hopefully it stays consistent).

See you all there. :)