Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Do You Think of the TCM Charlie Chan DVD set packaging?

I just got mine in the mail today from the back order, and I was surprised to see how it was packaged. It is different of course from the Fox sets, and much slimmer too. Though I really like the wealth of pictures on the smaller case. Even when you open it up, the backdrop picture behind the DVDs show Roland Winters. It seems there is decent artistic exposure for all the main Chan cast. I really like this set.

Though I guess to give more interest to the topic, why not talk about which DVD set has your favorite artistic presentation.

We will consider the Monogram's first Toler Chan set (black box, Chan silhouette art), Fox's Oland volumes one, two, and three. We will also throw in the Fox Toler Chan's volumes four and five.

If you are wanting to judge also the Mr. Moto volumes, well take that one to a new topic!

Right now, my favorite artistic box art is Oland Volume #2 and "tied" with it is the new TCM Chan set.

Re: What Do You Think of the TCM Charlie Chan DVD set packaging?

Dear Timothy,

Good topic!

I, too, enjoy the packaging of the new TCM/Warner Brothers release, "TCM Spotlight: Charlie Chan Collection." Also, I think it stands up well, packaging-wise to the wonderfully done - in my humble opinion - Fox releases of recent years. All-in-all, I think that TCM/Warner did an excellent job with this release.

Sincerely,
Rush