Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chan Symposium for 2011

Matt and the CC family,

Thank you for your thoughts. I agree with you. There are times when the multi-conversations become confusing. It makes it difficult for viewing the film.

For the June 28th Chat Room discussion, may I suggest that we give our attention to the visiting symposium producers and their topic of discussion. The producers have several questions to ask us regarding a Chan Symposium and a Chan Museum.

Let's see if we can stay on the topic of discussion, which is a Charlie Chan Symposium (a.k.a. convention) in Honolulu. We wish to explore the connection between Chan and Hawaii.

Because of the time zone in Hawaii, one of the producers is taking time off from his job to join our group. We are having first-time visitors to our Chan chat room. Let's not go too crazy with the sound effects and off-the-topic discussions. Please show some consideration for the visiting guests.

Besides the symposium producers, I have invited a couple Hollywood actors and writers to join our chat room discussion on Monday.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask me. Thank you for your consideration and kindness. Like you, I'm looking forward to an interesting meeting on the 28th.

Sincerely,
Steve

Dear Steve,

Time of the year would be a big factor, too. Also, costs could possibly come down a little, though not terrible as is, if we could have enough participation to obtain a group rate at a hotel; perhaps the site of the symposium, itself.

Sincerely,
Rush

I can't go but I would love to! I have to admit I would be checking out some of the old Hawaii Five-O sites as well...