Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Dead Men Tell"

As the summer season now progresses, please join us for this week’s Chat and Film Viewing as we watch and discuss “Dead Men Tell,” starring Sidney Toler. There is murder and ghostly happenings aboard an old sailing ship, set to sail to a distant isle with a crew of treasure seekers. Charlie Chan and son, Jimmy, find themselves deeply involved in yet another mystery. Can the great detective solve it before he, too, falls victim to the phantom killer?

Our Chat Room is located HERE at our Charlie Chan Family Home. Please use any of the “Chat Room” links to join us.

Even if you do not happen to have a copy of our featured movie, please do join us, as you will NOT be left out of our ongoing chat and festivities. Also, as is our custom, newcomers are offered the seat of honor at our humble table.

This will be a very special evening at our humble meeting place, as our own Steve Fredrick has invited a number of guests who will be joining with us to discuss next year's proposed CHARLIE CHAN SYMPOSIUM in Honolulu. So, please feel free to focus on both our featured movie as well as our second topic. I know that everyone will offer our usual Chan Family welcome and courtesy to our possible slate of honored guests!

"Thank you so much," and let’s get together for yet another fun Monday evening as we gather to watch “Dead Men Tell.”

(PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to receive weekly email announcements regarding our Monday Evening Chats, as well as receive high-quality scanned movie still images (one per week) from our films of the week, please email us at: charliechanfamily@yahoo.com)

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Dead Men Tell"

Dear Rush and the Chan family members,

On behalf of Lou and myself, I want to thank everybody for their comments regarding the 2011 Charlie Chan Symposium. We had a great discussion. Lou and I appreciate the input from folks on the mainland.

Among the concerns was the expense of flying to Honolulu and the price of renting a hotel room. We can't help you with airfare, but there are deals out there regarding hotels in Hawaii.

If you stay at a major **** hotel, like the Hilton Hawaiian Village, you are going to pay top dollar. But if you search for budget hotels, you will find them.

To find these deal, one needs to do the homework, just google discount rates in Honolulu. Shortly after the chat room ended, I found a hotel in Waikiki, three blocks from the beach, for $170/per night.

Thanks again everybody for your input.

As Charlie Chan would say, "Paradise, it's just a airplane ticket away."