Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Surprise

Out here in Portland, Oregon we've been getting "Perry Mason" at noon each weekday for many years now. It's always nice to see one of the Charlie's sons make an appearance! Victor Sen-Yung appeared twice, Key Luke twice (as the villian in one!), and Benson Fong, a whopping four times! Roland Winters also appeared once. Wouldn't it have been neat if somehow they had all of them together in a special "Charlie Chan" episode?! Perry Mason was out of commission in real-life, when Raymond Burr was recuperating from surgery. They had four self-contained episodes during that time (season six) with Bette Davis, Michael Rennie, Walter Pidgeon, and Hugh O'Brian. Why not the return of our hero, too?!

Re: Surprise

Teil Jorgensen
Out here in Portland, Oregon we've been getting "Perry Mason" at noon each weekday for many years now. It's always nice to see one of the Charlie's sons make an appearance! Victor Sen-Yung appeared twice, Key Luke twice (as the villian in one!), and Benson Fong, a whopping four times! Roland Winters also appeared once. Wouldn't it have been neat if somehow they had all of them together in a special "Charlie Chan" episode?! Perry Mason was out of commission in real-life, when Raymond Burr was recuperating from surgery. They had four self-contained episodes during that time (season six) with Bette Davis, Michael Rennie, Walter Pidgeon, and Hugh O'Brian. Why not the return of our hero, too?!

I will have to check out IMDB dot com and see if I can find out the seasons or episode numbers for this. I would like to get the Perry Mason DVDs later on to see them in the show. I didn't recall them being on the Perry Mason show before. Thanks for the news!