Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan and Hercule Poirot

I've just ordered the TCM Spotlight box set of 4 later Chan films. Anyone have it yet? How does it look? As for Poirot a local PBS station is playing a couple of the recent (2008) Masterpeice Mystery movies. There's to be another one aring next week. Poirot is the only well done classic detective with newly made episodes. Sorry Miss Marple fans. The recent crop of Marple TV movies aren't up to par in my book. If only Chan could join Poirot in these excellently acted and well produced films.

Re: Charlie Chan and Hercule Poirot

Dear Russell,

I think that you will be pleasantly surprised with the great quality of the "TCM Spotlight: Charlie Chan Collection." The crispness and clarity of the four films in the box set was a joy for me to behold, especially when compared to what I had had available regarding these movies in the past.

I agree with your praise of the Poirot episodes. I also feel that this would be the only workable way to make any "new" Charlie Chan mysteries in the future. In my humble opinion, the Poirot series captures the feel of the era as well as the character in a way that Hollywood today would never be able to do.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick