Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tonight's Monday Chat/Film Viewing: "Black Magic"/"Meeting at Midnight"

Rush -

Sorry that I can never attend the chats, it is a very bad time for me, 5 PM.

Anyway, re this movie, I really like Frances, a lot. Whatever happened to the actress that played her? Does anyone know?

In my mind, the movie takes place in Berkeley, CA, a place my husband and I are very familiar with. We just got that idea from some of the place names. Is that anyone else's take on the locale?

The more old movies we see, we spot Joseph Crehan. We have decided that he can only play a Capt. He is in Dangerous Money as the ship Capt. and he is in Meeting at Midnight as the police Capt. He is in a few of the Dick Tracy movies, too.

Diana

Re: Tonight's Monday Chat/Film Viewing: "Black Magic"/"Meeting at Midnight"

I thought this film was somewhat lackluster. Frances Chan is cute but didn't add much else IMHO. Her use of "Pop" sounded forced, not natural like #1 and #2 sons. Toler seems to be sleepwalking through this one although he gets off the occasional good line.

Frances- "Wait till the folks back home see me - I'll knock their eyes out.")
CC- You are, perhaps, pugilist?

The scared black man routine has been used before and is tiresome. This was only the second film I got from Netflix that got one viewing and was sent back.