Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boston Blackie/The Falcon DVDs Released

Yikes! I am neither a bootlegger or shill. Nor do I represent the companies who sell the movies I have purchased and reviewed. I merely enjoy these old movies period.
If I were in search of a particular movie I would ask one of you guys for a good source, the price, integrity of the seller and quality of the film.
Unfortunately many old movies have not been commercially released so the only alternative is so obtain them from other sources.

Whether they may be bootleg or grey market...I am happy to be able to enjoy my complete Charlie Chan sets and other oldies.

I don't think the "Released" would apply here. Columbia and RKO I believe wouldn't release together their products. Maybe Warner Bros and RKO as far as i remember Turner still owns both. That would make the Falcon series a TCM release maybe.

These are gray market items and would imagine video to dvd transfers or with luck a good 16mm transfer via a wet gate system. I have no problem with gray market as many that don't have their on recorded can obtain a copy. For years I purchased from Doug(Tory's) and the likes.But as stated "Caveat emptor"

I guess it would be more appropriate to say..'Available for Purchase on the Gray Market.'
That's a given and everyone knows that all of these films are not official releases.
As I mentioned previously, the quality varies from Good to Lousy.
Actually, The Falcon copies are not too bad...despite the TMC and other TV station logos.
Boston Blackie is borderline atrocious! The movies are in DVD RAM format and will only play on my laptop.
But hey, there are no official releases, Million Dollar Movie Theater is no longer on Channel 11. And in order to enjoy these one must have a TV with DVR.
No more black and white TV with rabbit ears.