Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bob Dorian's AMC Intros to Chan films

May I borrow your VHS tapes of Charlie Chan films recorded from American Movie Classics (AMC)?

At this time I am compiling a collection of Bob Dorian's Chan film introductions from from AMC. From 1987 to 1990, Mr. Dorian provided viewers with interesting background information related to Charlie Chan films.

In my collection, I have a few of Mr. Dorian's introductions, but I am missing several important episodes. For example, I am searching for Dorian's introduction to "Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum" (1940). For the Honolulu premiere of this film, Dorian said that the Chan dummy was sent to Hawaii.

Once I have gather a good collection of the Dorian introductions, I will make a DVD master.

Upon completing the DVD master, I will provide contributing members with a DVD copy of all of the introductions gathered.

If you are interested in assisting me with my quest, please contact me through my website. Thank you.

Re: Bob Dorian's AMC Intros to Chan films

Hmmmm...

I have all my old tapes, but am not sure that I "captured" any intros on them. Back when a blank video tape cost $25.00, I would try to cram as many movies on one tape as I could get, so intros were not included.

Will check, however, but don't hold your breath.

Diana

Steve, how are you coming along with turning up any Dorian intros?

Steve -

I've gone through all the old tapes I had (that I could find), and as I thought, there are no intros on any of them. Sorry. Will keep looking though, just in case.

Diana