Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dr. Huang sparks much positive interest in Charlie Chan!

My dear friends, I feel that Charlie Chan is proving to be the winner of our own little battle of the current cultural battle which reared is nefarious head seven years ago. Dr. Yunte Huang's book, "Charlie Chan: The Untold Story of the Honorable Detective and His Rendezvous with American History," appears to have been a very decisive salvo. Born in China and moving to the United States about twenty years ago, Dr. Huang offers a very unique - and uniquely valid - perspective on Charlie Chan.

Please take a look at any search engine results for "Charlie Chan," and you will see how much interest - and FRESH discussion - Dr. Huang's new book has sparked! His is a very fresh voice, indeed, especially to those of us have had to bear with the screeches and cries spewing from special interest groups, and fueled by their dubious, narrow agendas. Now, that same media which has provided a willing soapbox for those groups is now forced to see the issue from a much more balanced perspective, via the pen - and open mind (please insert the proper Chan aphorism here!) - of Yunte Huang.

Among the number of links to be found is this one (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129424778&ft=1&f=100) from NPR, not noted for its conservative views on things social! A read through it will illustrate the very welcomed change in the weather that is due, in no small part, to the worthy efforts of Dr. Huang.

"Thank you so much," Dr. Huang...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Dr. Huang sparks much positive interest in Charlie Chan!

Thanks, Rush. This is the same article I linked to in an earlier message on the board, and agree with you that it offers an unbiased perspective on our favorite detective. So refreshing, isn't it? And especially so coming from my favorite news source - NPR.