Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Forgotten Charlie Chan: J. Carroll Nash

I agree Russell,
Naish's Chan is quite decent... and should be included somehow. Clearly the Theatrical film Chans are the primary focus of the Family Home. But Naish belongs in the family, if only as a faithful uncle.
Len

Dear Russell,

Agreed. In fact, there will, in the future, be a section at our humble site dedicated to "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan." This will take some time, as we will need to collect images, synopses, full cast/crew lists, etc. It is also hoped that we can include a few notes or thoughts from James Hong, who played Chan's Number One Son on the TV series.

Sincerely,
Rush

How nice that would be. If only someone could be convinved to release the The New Adverntures of Charlie Chan shows with a little higher quality or at the very least distribute them more widely. Sat through Oldies.com or some other legitmate, non grey market.

Even if J. Carroll Naish hadn't played Charlie Chan, he still would have been famous for having been the villain of the BATMAN serial in 1943, where he was a Japanese agent out to undermine American forces.

Really? I didn't know that Naish was the villian in a Batman serial. I guess he wasn't THAT famous for it. He is know mostly for being a very well repected character actor.