Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warner/TCM Charlie Chan Set A Big Seller?

When I went to my local Barnes & Noble to purchase the Warner/TCM Charlie Chan set last July, the clerk there mentioned that it was such a big seller, that they had to reoder more. I hope this is happening elsewhere? I am hoping Warner will release the rest on DVD and not on their "Made To Order" Warner Archive DVD-R's. I have had so many problems with their DVD-R's. I prefer fully authored pressed DVD's.

Re: Warner/TCM Charlie Chan Set A Big Seller?

Great news about the Chan DVD sales. In my DVD collection, I own a Warner Archive DVD-R version of "The Story of Mankind" (1957) with Roland Colman and the Marx Brothers. It plays fine on my two DVD players and my MAC computer. May I suggest getting yourself a DVD disc cleaner. I recommend cleaning all DVD players, recorders, computers. Good luck.

Dear Sam,

I have it on good authority that the Warner/TCM Chan box set has and continues to sell VERY well, and that the powers that be at Warner Brothers are pleased. Yes, this is the news needed to make it more and more probable that the remaining Chan movies will be released.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

WOW! I am glad. Maybe Charlie Chan fever will go around to the point they release the other films on DVD and maybe, just maybe a film on the box office screen. :)

Hi everyone...I have been away a little while but I never forgot about you all. Just been busy.

Welcome back!

Virginia

does anyone know why shadows over chinatown was not put in the box set that tcm put out.